About this policy
We might amend this policy from time to time to make sure it’s up-to-date. Do not hesitate to visit this page regularly and you will know exactly where you stand. We will note the date that revisions were last made to this policy at the bottom of this page, and any revisions will take effect upon posting.
If you agree with this policy, then you’re all set to book your next trip through us.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website stores on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. For example, a cookie could allow us to recognize your browser, while another could store your preferences.
These technologies are controlled either by us directly or by third parties acting on our behalf or independently.
Some of the cookies we use are removed as soon as you leave our website or app, because we don’t need to store this information between visits. Others, called ‘persistent’ cookies, enable our services or tags to recognise you when you make return visits to us (the purpose is to enable the site to remember your preferences, e.g. user name, language, etc., for a certain period of time), and automatically expire when they reach a specified expiry date unless you delete them earlier. Persistent cookies placed on your device by us will never be stored for longer than 2 years from the date of your last visit. There are tools available to check the expiry date on cookies, and this functionality may be provided by your browser.
We also use similar technologies such as ‘tags’, ‘tracking pixels’, ‘code snippets’, ‘tracking URLs’, ‘local storage’ and ‘scripts’ as well as ‘software development kits (SDKs)’ and ‘device identifiers’ in our apps (e.g. our email messages may contain web beacons and tracking URLs to determine whether you have opened a certain message or accessed a certain link). These technologies are implemented on our services and may be used together with text cookies to enable information to be stored on, or transmitted to and from, the device you use to access our services.
In this policy, we collectively refer to all of these app and web technologies as “cookies and similar technologies”.
- Technical Cookies. These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be disabled on our systems. They are usually activated in response to actions you have taken that result in a request for services, e.g. setting your privacy preferences, logging in, filling out forms or are strictly necessary to analyse our website use and functioning. Technical cookies do not rely on consent according to the law, as they are necessary for the performance of our services.
- Analytical cookies. These cookies complete the strictly necessary cookies to better understand the user's interaction with our website.
- Functional cookies. These cookies allow for improved functionality and customization. They may be set by us or by external providers whose services are integrated into our pages. If you do not allow these cookies, some or all of these features may not work properly.
- Advertisement cookies. These cookies are installed by our advertising partners through our website. These companies may use them to profile your interests and display relevant ads on other websites. They work by assigning a unique identifier to your browser and device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will not see our advertisements specific to you on other websites as a result of these cookies.
If we use the purposes categories defined by the IAB Europe (the European-level digital marketing association), we will also define them transparently in the Consent Management Platform (CMP).
How can you access cookie data and manage cookies?
- The most effective way to access cookie data (i.e. the list of cookies, data controllers, list of partners, etc.) and manage cookies and similar technologies with us is to use our privacy settings through our Consent Management Platform (CMP) . You will be able to control the non-essential cookies and similar technologies that are used on your device. These settings enable you to opt-in or opt-out to our use of the non-essential cookies and similar technologies we use to improve your experience or to those that we use to personalise the advertisements you see.
- You may also reject the use of certain cookies through the following services: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu (for Europe) and http://optout.aboutads.info and http://optout.networkadvertising.org (for the USA).
- Likewise, you may, at any time, reject the installation of cookies via your browser settings. You can set most modern browsers to prevent any cookies being placed on your device, but you may then have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site/page and some services and functionalities may not work properly at all (e.g. profile logging-in).
- In addition, you can remove cookies from your device. You can delete all cookies that are already on your device by clearing the browsing history of your browser. This will remove all cookies from all websites you have visited. Be aware though that you may also lose some saved information (e.g. saved login details, site preferences).
Last updated: December 2020.